"Treat Yourself like Someone You Are Responsible for Helping" is the second rule in the book "12 Rules for Life" by Jordan B. Peterson.
These are personal notes for reflection and discussion purposes.
- People are better at feeling and properly administering prescription medication to their pets than to themselves.
- The world of experience has primal constituents: chaos, order and consciousness.
- Chaos is the domain of ignorance. It's unexplored territory.
- Order is tribe, religion, hearth, home and country. It's explored territory.
- Our brains respond instantly when chaos appears, with simple, hyper-fast circuits maintained from the ancient days.
- Male and female has been around for billion years.
- Categories parent/child has been around 200 million years.
- Male/female/parent/child are natural categories, deeply embedded in our perceptual, emotional and motivational structures.
- Our brains deeply social.
- Our minds are far older than mere humanity.
- Our categories are far older than our species.
- Women on dating sites rate 85 percent of men as below average in attractiveness.
- Living things are always to be found in places they can master, surrounded by things and situations that make them vulnerable.
- Meaning is found on the edge between chaos and order.
- It is far better to render Beings in your care competent than to protect them.